How do I apply rhinestone transfers?
We recommend using a heat press to apply our rhinestone transfers. It will ensure that even heat and pressure is applied throughout the design. The following instructions are for a standard, 100% cotton garment.
- Preheat the heat press temperature to 340 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set pressure to "medium to firm". The bottom of the heat press should have a 1/4” silicone pad so that the pressure is distributed evenly over the entire transfer.
- Lay the garment on the heat press table. If your garment is sheer/thin, place a piece of parchment paper or Teflon sheet inside the garment so that the rhinestones do not stick through to the other layer. It may also help prevent the "impression" of the design from showing through to the other side of the garment.
- The rhinestone design is “sandwiched” between 2 layers of paper; a clear layer and a white layer. The clear layer is the top of the transfer. It is heat resistant and the rhinestones are held in place by its sticky side. The white layer is the bottom of the transfer. It is plastic and keeps the sticky side of the clear layer from coming in contact with unwanted surfaces until you are ready to apply the transfer.
- More than one rhinestone design may be on the transfer paper. If this is the case, cut out the specific rhinestone design.
- Slowly and carefully peel away the white layer from the clear layer.
- Check design to make sure that the rhinestones have not moved. Use tweezers to replace any that have moved out of place.
- Place the sticky side of the clear layer down onto the fabric. If it is not in the desired position, you can slowly lift and place again.
- Cover the clear layer with a Teflon sheet and press for 15 to 20 seconds. The Teflon sheet is not required but just recommended to protect your heat press.
- Let cool for 5 - 10 minutes then slowly peel off the clear layer from the garment.
- If there are any stones that have not bonded with the apparel, use tweezers to peel them from the clear layer and place them directly in the correct position on the garment.
- Flip your garment over back side up and press for 20 seconds.
- The above settings are recommended settings and should always be tested on your material first. In general, the higher the temperature, the shorter the pressing time needed.
- Do not attempt to apply our rhinestone transfers to garments that cannot withstand the recommended heat setting and press time, especially garments that say "Do Not Iron" or "Do Not Dry Clean".
- The responsibility for the application of our transfers lies with you, the customer. We will not be liable for any issues that may arise during and after the application process.
How do I wash my new rhinestone garment?
When our rhinestone transfers are applied correctly, your rhinestone garment can withstand normal everyday wear and tear. However, we recommend that the garment be turned inside out and machine washed on normal settings in cool to warm water (do not use hot water). Either hang to dry or tumble dry on low heat. Please do not dry clean.